Terms of Reference
To provide the primary mechanism for the Commissioner to hold the Chief Constable to account for performance against the Police and Crime Plan and wider performance and service delivery matters.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enable the Commissioner to hold the Chief Constable to account.
- Consider performance and service delivery against the Police and Crime Plan.
- Report strategic issues to the Commissioner and the Chief Constable.
- Following scrutiny enable the Commissioner and the Chief Constable as appropriate, to provide strategic direction to those present.
- To consider wider performance delivery matters that relate to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Constabulary.
The Commissioner will be the sole member of the Scrutiny Board and sole authority for decision making lies with the Commissioner.
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner:
- Chief of Staff
- Director of Finance
- Director of Operations
- Head of Scrutiny & Improvement
- Head of Governance & Compliance
- Chief Constable
- Deputy Chief Constable
- Assistant Chief Constable (Local Policing Unit Operations)
- Assistant Chief Constable (Crime)
- Assistant Chief Officer
- Head of Planning and Performance
- Other professional advisers may be invited to attend as required.
Scrutiny Boards occur no less than on a quarterly basis. These meetings will focus on delivery against the Police and Crime Plan and will be open to the press and public.
Other meetings will be held in private to provide a focus on wider organisational performance, detailed financial performance, emerging issues and enable sensitive information on the investigation and prevention of crime to be considered.